Carefully read the Terms and Conditions and sign the bottom stating you fully understand and agree with these terms.
1. To be eligible for:
a. the SICA Member Employee Scholarship, applicants must be currently working for a construction company. A letter from your employer will be required.
b. the SICA Student Scholarship, applicants must be currently attending an educational institution with plans to enter the Construction industry. This includes High School and College/University students. Proof of enrollment will be required.
c. all Scholarships, applicants must live within the Southern Interior region of British Columbia.
2. Applicants planning to attend post-secondary education outside of Canada will not be eligible. Applicants must be furthering their education within the Southern Interior Region.
3. Applicants must not have been a previous recipient of a SICA Scholarship.
4. Applications will be reviewed under the discretion of the SICA Education Committee. The decision made by this Committee is final.
5. The SICA Education Committee will be responsible for evaluating the entries based on the following considerations/ criteria. Essay answers will be scored based on clarity of thought and communication, persuasiveness and potential positive impact.
Academic Achievement: 10% of total score
Extracurricular Activity: 35% of total score
Essay Answers: 55% of total score
6. Recipients will have two years from when the Scholarship is given to use for furthering education in the construction industry. It will be the recipient’s responsibility to keep track of this time limit, as it will be the responsibility to notify the Southern Interior Construction Association (SICA) when you intend to use this scholarship.
7. SICA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend (including extending the Scholarship application deadline) or cancel this Scholarship program at any time without individual notice.
8. Scholarships will be awarded by August 15th of each year. Scholarship winners will be requested to attend a SICA function to be officially presented with their scholarship by the Education Committee and Association President.
I certify that all the information provided on this application form and in all the accompanying documents is true, accurate, and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that the provision of false information will render me ineligible for this scholarship.
By submitting this scholarship application, I hereby authorize SICA and its employees, and those of its affiliates (“SICA”) to release any information provided in or relating to my scholarship application to its representatives, the Education Committee, and their respective representatives who need to know such information for purposes of administering and promoting this and other SICA programs. The selection committee will use the information only for purposes of evaluating my scholarship application.
In the event that I am a scholarship recipient, I grant to SICA the right to use my name, likeness, city and province of residence, university name and any direct quotes made by me in respect to the Scholarship program for publicity purposes without further compensation.